My research interests are in combinatorics, in relation to algebra, geometry, Lie theory, probability, algorithms and other areas of mathematics. The core of my research program has been in Schubert calculus and geometry. Other work I have done may be roughly classified under combinatorial commutative algebra and combinatorial algorithms.
- PhD Mathematics, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, 2003
Distinctions / Awards
- Distinguished Teaching Award in Mathematics for Tenured Faculty, Department of Mathematics, 2018
- Arnold O. Beckman Award, Campus Research Board, University of Illinois, 2018
- Helen Corley Petit Professorial Scholar, College of LAS, University of Illinois, 2012-2013
- Beckman Fellow, Center for Advanced Study, University of Illinois, 2011-2012
- G. de B. Robinson Award, Canadian Mathematical Society, 2011