Fall 2020 Operations
During the Fall 2020 semester, the Department of Mathematics Business Office staff will primarily work remotely. Staff will be available for in-person meetings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays by appointment only. In the event no appointments are requested, staff will work remotely on those days as well. Please email appointment requests to email@example.com. You should receive a response within 24 hours confirming an appointment time.
To ensure COVID testing protocols can be kept, we ask that any requests for appointments made at least three business days in advance of an appointment. We appreciate your patience during this process.
For facilities questions during this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The following list of resources from the Business Office is currently being updated. If you have any questions, please refer to the "Whom to Contact" list.
- Business travel guide (including details on reimbursable vs. non-reimbursable expenses)
- Employee request reimbursement form
- Travel and Expense Management System (TEM): Setting up a proxy
- How to get airfare prepaid
- What discounts and preferred vendors are available for traveling?
- Current rate information (foreign travel, domestic travel, per diem)
- Travel on federal grants (Open Skies Agreement)
- State of Illinois sales tax exemption letter
- Visitor reimbursement form
- Document checklist for reimbursements to foreign nationals
- Visitor lodging request form
- Visitor parking
- Principal Investigator handbook
- How much do I request from Campus Research Board for RAs?
- How do I make requests to non-NSF funders?
- NSF Division of Mathemical Sciences programs
- Where might I find grant opportunities?
- Fringe benefit, overhead, and tuition remission rates
- What are the current RA rates?
- What are our facilities and services?
- Simons Foundation awards
- What is my salary? How much was I paid?
- When will I be paid?
- What do I do if I want to hire someone?
- How do I do web-time entry?
Welcome to the University of Illinois Department of Mathematics!
- NESSIE -- things you can find and do in NESSIE
- What should I know if the UI is paying for my move?
- What do I need to do to get on payroll? (not international; international)
- Where do I complete my new hire paperwork?
- Where is...?
- I need a campus map.
- I need a bus schedule, since buses are free with my campus ID.
- Where is the campus calendar?