Note: This list of resources from the Business Office is currently being updated. If you have any questions, please refer to the "Whom to Contact" list below.
Whom to Contact in the Business Office (Room 221, Altgeld Hall)
|Account Balances and Financial Reports||Brock Martin: email@example.com|
|Archiving||Brock Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cash/Checks for Deposit||Mark Drennan: email@example.com|
|Conference Planning||Ann Byers: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contracts||Ann Byers: email@example.com|
|Facilities Issues||Kevin Armstrong: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Grant Proposals--Federal Awards||Ann Byers: email@example.com|
|Grant Proposals--Non-Federal Awards||Ann Byers: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hotel Reservations||Mark Drennan: email@example.com|
|Inventory (Questions or Disposals)||Kevin Armstrong: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Purchasing--Computers, Printers, Toner||Math IT: email@example.com|
|Purchasing--All Other Items||Ann Byers: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Reimbursements||Mark Drennan: email@example.com|
|Scholarships||Mark Drennan: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Space Assignments||Kevin Armstrong: email@example.com|
- Business travel guide (including details on reimbursable vs. non-reimbursable expenses)
- Employee request reimbursement form
- Travel and Expense Management System (TEM): Setting up a proxy
- How to get airfare prepaid
- What discounts and preferred vendors are available for traveling?
- Current rate information (foreign travel, domestic travel, per diem)
- Travel on federal grants (Open Skies Agreement)
- How do I avoid paying sales tax on University purchases?
- Payment eligibility chart for foreign nationals
- What documents are needed from a foreign visitor?
- What form does my visitor complete to be reimbursed?
- How do I request a hotel room for my visitor?
- Where can my visitor park?
- What’s new in grant management?
- How do I prepare a proposal in Fastlane?
- How do I use Fastlane?
- How do I submit to the National Security Agency?
- How much do I request from Campus Research Board for RAs?
- How do I make requests to non-NSF funders?
- When are proposals due?
- Where might I find grant opportunities?
- What are the current overhead rates?
- What are the current RA rates?
- What are our Facilities and Services?
- Simons Foundation Travel Grant instructions
- What is my salary? How much was I paid?
- When will I be paid?
- What do I do if I want to hire someone?
- How do I do web-time entry?
- NESSIE -- things you can find and do in NESSIE
- What should I know if the UI is paying for my move?
- What do I need to do to get on payroll?
(not international; international)
- Where do I complete my new hire paperwork?
- Where is...?
- I need a campus map.
- I need a bus schedule, since buses are free with my campus ID.
- Where is the campus calendar?