John P. D'Angelo
- Complex Analysis and CR Geometry
My research centers around complex analysis and CR Geometry.
I have worked on finite type conditions for real hypersurfaces, on Hermitian analogues of Hilbert's 17th problem, on proper holomorphic maps between balls in different dimensions, and groups associated with holomorphic mappings.
- PhD, Mathematics, Princeton University, 1976
Distinctions / Awards
- Stefan Bergman Prize. 1999
- Kenneth D. Schmidt Professorial Scholar. 2005
- LAS Dean's Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, Univ. of Illinois, 2005.
- Fellow, Amer. Math Society. 2014