We have reserved blocks of rooms for the conference period (June 5-9, 2019) at the following hotels. Participants should make their own reservations using the links and booking codes provided below. The deadline for reservations is May 4, 2019.
The Illini Union Hotel is the most convenient option, located next to Altgeld Hall, the home of the Mathematics Department and site of the conference.
- Rate: $104 - $109 per room and night, plus taxes (single or double occupancy)
- Group Code: NTHEORY
- Online reservation: Use the following link: http://union.illinois.edu/stay/illini-union-hotel.
Click on the tab "Book Now" on the left, wait for the booking page to load, select dates, then under "Rate Options" select "Group Booking Code", and enter "NTHEORY".
- Reservation by phone: Call 217-333-1241, provide dates and ask for booking code NTHEORY.
- Parking: Hotel guests can use the permit lot D10, located next to the hotel. Ask for a parking pass at check-in.
Located across from the U of I campus, the Hampton Inn is about a 10 minute walk from Altgeld Hall, the site of the conference.
- Rate: $99 per room and night, plus taxes (single or double occupancy)
- Group Code: Number Theory Conference
- Online reservations: Use the following link: http://group.hamptoninn.com/NumberTheoryConference
- Parking: Free in hotel lot.
Nugent Hall is a modern University residence hall, located 0.8 miles from Altgeld Hall, the site of the conference, with a convenient bus connection via the No. 22 (Illini) Bus.
- Rate: $56.71/$37.90 per person and night for single/double occupancy. These rates include tax.
- Online reservation: Use the following link: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/8467652. For the name of the conference (second last question on the form) use "Berndt Conference".
- Parking: Parking is available at Lot E14 (about two blocks from Nugent Hall) at $14 per day Monday - Friday. Parking is free on Saturday and Sunday. Parking passes can be purchased at the front desk.
Hotel Scam Alert: Please be aware of scams similar to those reported by the Fields Institute, in which third party companies claiming to act on behalf of the conference organizers contact participants regarding hotel bookings, asking for credit card and other personal information. We recommend that you only use official hotel websites (such as those linked above) when making your hotel reservations.
Travel to Champaign/Urbana
In planning your travel, please note that the conference will begin in the morning of Thursday, June 6, and end early afternoon on Sunday, June 9. We expect that most participants will arrive on June 5 and depart on June 9 or June 10.
The main options for air travel are:
- Book a flight into Chicago O'Hare (ORD), then take a Peoria Charter Shuttle Bus from O'Hare to Champaign/Urbana. Buses run every 2-3 hours and the trip takes around 3 hours.
- Book a flight into Champaign (CMI), then take a taxi to campus. The official name of the Champaign airport is University of Illinois Willard airport. It takes about 15 minutes by taxi to get from the airport to campus. The airport is served by American Airlines with seven daily flights from Chicago O'Hare, Dallas, and Charlotte.
Most campus visitors choose the first option, which is often cheaper and more convenient than flying into the Champaign airport. Further information can be found under the following links.