Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, mathematical analysis has played a critical role in shaping decisions about the transmission of the virus, as well as decisions at all levels of government and business. Researchers in the Illinois Department of Mathematics have begun publishing results of their modeling and simulations on those topics to help guide policy and response.
Research from the Department of Mathematics at Illinois
- Keeping Your Teams Safe | March 14, 2020 | Yuliy Baryshnikov
- Wearing a Face Mask: The New Dress Code | April 29, 2020 | Jan Dhaene, Daniël Linders and Hamza Hanbali
- Simulating the Reopening of Campus | May 2, 2020 | Yuliy Baryshnikov
- The Effect of Social Distancing, Isolation and Digital Contact Tracing on COVID-19 | May 14, 2020 | Stephen Grice, Richard Laugesen, et al.
- Calculating the Effective Reproduction Number for COVID-19 Using a New Process for Various Countries | May 26, 2020 | by P. Grice, S. Grice, and R. S. Laugesen
- A New Method for Calculating the Effective Reproduction Number for COVID-19 | June 1, 2020 | P. Grice, S. Grice, and R. S. Laugesen
- The Effect of Mitigation Measures in the Spread of COVID-19 | Katelyn Leisman and Zoi Rapti
- Pandemic Risk Management: Resources Contigency Planning and Allocation (an iRisk Lab project) | Xiaowei Chen, Alfred Chong, Runhuan Feng, and Linfeng Zhan
- Reaction-Diffusion Spatial Modeling of COVID-19: Greece and Andalusia as Case Examples | June 2021 | P.G. Kevrekidis, J. Cuevas-Maraver, Y. Drossinos, Z. Rapti, and G.A. Kevrekidi
- Lockdown Measures and Their Impact on Single- and Two-Age-Structured Epidemic Model for the COVID-19 Outbreak in Mexico | June 2021 | J. Cuevas-Maraver, P.G. Kevrekidis, Q.Y. Chen, G.A. Kevrekidis, Victor Villalobos-Daniel, Z. Rapti and Y. Drossinos
- Backcasting COVID-19: A Physics-Informed Estimate for Early Case Incidence | January 2022 | G.A. Kevrekidis, Z. Rapti, Y. Drossinos, P.G. Kevrekidis, M.A. Barmann, Q.Y. Chen, and J. Cuevas-Maravere