Graduate Research Opportunities for Women
October 4-6, 2019
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The GROW 2019 conference is aimed at female-identified undergraduate students who may be interested in pursuing a graduate degree in mathematics. The conference is open to undergraduates from all around the U.S. The organizers are currently applying for travel funding from granting agencies. If these applications are successful, we hope to cover the cost of attendance for all accepted undergraduate students.
The conference features
- panel discussions about graduate research in mathematics
- networking opportunities
- advice on preparing applications for graduate school
Application for funding
For full consideration please apply by July 15, 2019. The application process is very simple. You will need to:
1. fill out biographical information, and
2. upload your unofficial transcript.
3. After you submit your application, please ask a faculty member at your institution to email email@example.com with a paragraph recommending you for GROW 2019. The subject line must be in the format “Recommendation for Firstname Lastname”.
Lee DeVille, Vera Hur, Rinat Kedem, Kay Kirkpatrick, Richard Laugesen, Zoi Rapti, Susan Tolman, and Jeremy Tyson
Support from the Department of Mathematics, the Provost’s Office and the Graduate College at the University of Illinois is gratefully acknowledged. This conference is also supported in part by the Institute for Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) through its Participating Institution (PI) Program. PI members may use IMA/PI funds to support personnel’s travel to this conference.
This conference is also supported by the National Science Foundation though award DMS-1928749. The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Questions should be directed to the conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.