Getting Engaged in Math and Science (GEMS) Workshops
GEMS is a female-focused pair of free workshops for 5th-8th graders on the many ways in which mathematics interacts with and influences the world around us. Our goals are to present interesting math in a fun, hands-on way and encourage students from traditionally underrepresented genders to get engaged with STEM.
Spring 2020: Math and Magic
This February, 5th-8th grade students can get engaged with math in a pair of free workshops around the theme of Math and Magic:
- February 22, 1-3pm: Topology Tricks
- February 29, 1-3pm: Flexagons and Paper Puzzles
Normal registration is now closed. We have more spots open, so participants wishing to late register may do so by e-mailing Dana Neidinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Dana Neidinger at email@example.com.
We would like to thank our sponsors:
- Office of Public Engagement, University of Illinois for a Public Engagement Grant
- Association for Women in Mathematics, University of Illinois
- Department of Mathematics, University of Illinois
- Illinois Geometry Lab
- National Science Foundation