1409 W. Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801
I am a sixth-year PhD student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am currently carrying out doctoral research under the supervision of Philipp Hieronymi.
My research is in mathematical logic, specifically model theory, and theoretical computer science, specifically automata theory; these two areas often overlap. In particular, much of my research deals with expansions of the additive structure on either the integers or the real numbers, and whether these expansions preserve various properties (decidability and tameness properties). The proofs of several of my results involve the use of finite and/or Büchi automata.
- "Existence of some signed magic arrays" (with A. Khodkar and N. Wagner), Discrete Math. 340 (2017), 906-926.
- "Decidability for Sturmian words" (with P. Hieronymi, D. Ma, R. Oei, L. Schaeffer, and J. Shallit), Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics 216 (2022), 24:1-24:23.
- "A strong version of Cobham's theorem" (with P. Hieronymi), STOC 2022: Proceedings of the 54th Annual ACM SIGACT Symposium on Theory of Computing (2022), 1172-1179.
- "Pecan: an automated theorem prover for automatic sequences using Büchi automata" (with R. Oei, D. Ma, P. Hieronymi), preprint.
- "Fractal dimensions of k-automatic sets" (with A. Block Gorman), preprint.
- "Undefinability of multiplication in Presburger arithmetic with sets of powers," preprint.
B.S. in Computer Science and Mathematics, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, May 2017 (graduated summa cum laude)